Join us on Wednesday, January 12 from 12 – 1:30 pm for an informative and interactive session with Nannette Fridman on the lay/professional relationship.
The magic of nonprofit work happens when professional and lay leaders work together in an intentional and well-functioning partnership. During this session, we will talk about
• The important roles both professionals and volunteers play in fulfilling mission-critical work.
• The important distinction between governance and management.
• The key characteristics of strong partnerships; the recommended stages of lay/pro relationships
• Important areas for discussion and clarification to ensure strong working relationships.
• The organizational imperative of viewing these relationships over a long horizon.
• How (and when) to give and receive feedback.
• How to manage challenges along the way.
• We will flag cautionary tales and share stories of dynamic partnerships.
This session is most effective when both the lay leader and professional can attend together. Invites will be sent accordingly and will include Zoom details.