The Jewish Abilities Alliance is pleased to offer supports to assist individuals in learning virtually and engaging in digital programs from home. This opportunity is for individuals who may require some support to engage in our new digital reality. We are providing items that may help with attention, focus, and regulation. All applications must be completed by a Jewish agency, in partnership with the individual/family and both must be in agreement on requested item. Requested items should enhance the individual’s ability to participate in digital Jewish programming in Atlanta.
Examples of supports:
- Flexible seating (bean bag chair, wobble cushion, resistance band, rocker chair)
- Fidgets and sensory supplies (kinetic sand, sensory bin)
- Visual timer
- Weighted lap pad
- Small trampoline or scooter board for movement breaks
- Requested items should cost up to $50 per student.
- One item per individual per application. Agencies may initially submit up to 5 applications. If additional supports are requested, it will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Individual must be currently enrolled and participating virtually in a Jewish education, camp, or other Jewish program in Atlanta. Application must be submitted by agency.
- Items will be shipped directly to individual’s home for immediate use. It is the responsibility of the individual/parent/guardian to read all manufacturer’s instructions before using item and maintain the item’s cleanliness and condition.
- All items should be returned to the agency when in-person programming resumes. It is then up to the agency to determine how to continue utilizing the item.
- For any questions regarding the use of the requested item or strategies for utilizing during program, contact Lisa Houben (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*applications must be completed by a Jewish Atlanta organization