Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta and Slingshot are partnering to mobilize young Jewish emerging leaders as funders and active change agents. The arc of the journey takes participants from the “inside out,” focusing first on the individual and using that as a basis to identify areas for future Jewish leadership. Applicants should have 2-3 years of community involvement. Participants will be accepted on a rolling basis. You will be notified once your application has been reviewed. There is a program fee of $100 after being accepted.
The goals of this program are:
- Foster a community of young Jewish philanthropists and current/future leaders in the Jewish community. ‘
- Provide participants with a deeper understanding of their identity and values.
- Help young Jewish philanthropists and leaders find their voice and path in the Jewish community.
- Mobilize young Jewish leaders to shape the Jewish community to be vibrant and continuously evolving.
Thursday Evening Program Dates:
- October 7, 2021 | 6-9 pm | Kickoff | Session goals: get to know each other, build community, explore individual philanthropic and leadership identities
- October 21, 2021 | 6-9 pm | Issues of the Day | Session goals: explore some of the most pressing issues impacting Jewish life today, discuss how these topics provide opportunities for participants to make bold and lasting change
- November 11, 2021 | 6-9 pm | Issues of the Day 2.0 | Session goals: a facilitated discussion with experts on anti-Semitism and white nationalism with featured speakers (TBD)
- December 16, 2021 | 6-9 pm | Putting Values into Actions | Session goals: participants identify potential leadership areas, how can they help their community and what opportunities exist for them
- January 13, 2022 | 6-9 pm | Next Steps Part 1 | Session goals: developing next steps, building confidence for future leadership roles, brainstorm ways to continue to work together as a group, begin to vision for the future of Jewish Atlanta.
- January 27, 2022 | 6-9 pm | Next Steps Part 2 | Session goals: create a shared vision for Jewish Atlanta and network with potential organizations for leadership opportunities