The Making Jewish Places (MJP) microgrants are an initiative of the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta and are awarded to projects that impact residents and Jewish life in the Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, and East Cobb communities.
Making Jewish Places grants specifically focuses on organizations and individuals that are creating radically welcoming spaces, engaging people where they already live, and connecting Jews and their loved ones to build meaningful social connections to create a more vibrant and welcoming Jewish Community.
Requirements and How to Apply
A project will be considered only once per calendar year, though an organization or individual can apply for more than one project within a calendar year.
We encourage anyone who has an idea to apply, whether you come from a large organization, small organization, or no organization at all. Applications are accepted and awarded on a rolling basis, up to $5000.
- Cycle 1: Application due August 6, 2021; awards announced September 3, 2021
- Cycle 2: Application due October 11, 2021; awards announced November 8, 2021
- Cycle 3: Application due January 24, 2022; awards announced February 21, 2022
The Making Jewish Place initiative is constantly growing and evolving. As we continue to identify underserved neighborhoods, the relevancy and necessity of opportunities like Making Jewish Places is paramount. Having the ability to create connections with intentionality and empower community members to shape the landscape of their Jewish community is a deeply sought-after gift.
- Applications and awards are accepted and awarded ranging from $500-$5000.
- Individuals can receive up to $500
- A single organization can receive up to $2500
- A collaborative approach (including 2+ organizations) can receive up to $5000
- The MJP micro-grant does not fund political campaigns, capital campaigns, or endowments.
Interested in getting feedback about your project idea? Reach out to Carla Birnbaum, Relational Engagement Manager. She will work with you on how to best prepare your idea for submission and offer feedback as requested.