Atlanta is engaged in boldly reimagining Jewish education in our community, beginning with what we call part-time, or “supplemental” Jewish education. With the support of a generous funder we have launched The Jewish Education Collaborative (JEC), which is elevating Jewish education to a top communal priority.
JEC’s central challenge is this:
- How do we create meaningful Jewish experiences and launch more youth on lifelong Jewish journeys?
- How can we make education a priority for today’s families?
- How can we make Atlanta a thrilling model for innovation in Jewish education?
JEC’s Education Agenda Prioritizes:
- Improving teacher quality & investing in talent
- Exploring innovation
- Strengthening collaboration and creating networks
- Improving where and how Jewish learning is experienced
- Changing perceptions about Jewish education
Key components of the Atlanta Hebrew Connection program include:
- Synchronous, small group learning sessions (3-5 students in each)
- Excellent curriculum and instruction methods
- Top-quality teachers
- Social connections among students from different congregations and/or parts of the community
- Choosing a class time that works best for your family
- NOT having to battle Atlanta traffic in the middle of the week!