JumpSpark is excited to once again offer Project Launch — an interactive virtual program connecting parents as they prepare to send their kids to college, a gap year, and beyond. Parents are about to make the biggest transition in parenting since the day their children were born. JumpSpark is here to support parents and help them navigate through this exciting time. Project Launch offers a forum for frank discussion and insights into managing family emotions. Ultimately, we want to help you send your teens off, set up for success and independence.
Who Should Attend?
Parents of older teens who are preparing to send their kids to college, gap year, or beyond.
What Will You Experience and Learn?
- Learn how to prepare emotionally, logistically, and pragmatically for your child’s transition from home.
- Ask questions and share your concerns with others who are also going through this tender time.
- Access unique resources and documents on logistics, packing, preparing for move-in, first semester issues, handling the academic workload, and more.
- We will begin to think about what this means for you as an individual and how you are preparing to take care of yourself through this journey.
- Sue Borison, Publisher/Editor in Chief of Your Teen magazine. Sue is a parenting expert who will moderate our discussion.
- Betsy Jensen Chapman, Ph.D., Executive Director of Family Communications, Wake Forest University. Betsy is a college administrator who specializes in supporting parents and families through the emotional landscape of the transition to college.
- Roni Cohen-Sandler, Ph.D., Roni is a clinical psychologist, author, and expert specializing in parenting.
- Susie Greenberg & Amy Bennett Shea, Founders of Campus Concierge. Susie and Amy are veteran parents and college transition experts.
Questions? Contact Amy Fox
This Event is in Partnership with