Let Birthright Atlanta fund your next bus reunion, holiday hang, or friends meet up. Federation offers microgrants up to $1,000 for Birthright alumni who host events for their peers, buses, and more.
- Shabbat Picnic in the Park: Create your own picnic spread or order some sandwiches and salads from Kale Me Crazy (or other restaurant of your choice) for you and 10 friends. Grab a blanket and a frisbee and head to the closest park for a sunset picnic. Bonus – combine the micro grant with nourishment from OneTable for a totally awesome feast. OneTable will provide the dinner and you can grab your favorite challah, wine, cheeses, and desserts (we recommend Alon’s) for an elevated Shabbat dinner.
- Pre-Havdalah Candle Pouring Workshop: Head over to Candlefish at Ponce City Market with 5 of your closest pals for one of their bespoke candle making workshops. Use your new scented candle to welcome for Havdalah to welcome the new week. Class is on us, Havdalah’s on you!
- Lag B’Omer Bonfire: Head over to your favorite outdoor restaurant with fire pits (we love El Tesoro, 9 Mile Station, and Ladybird) or venture into nature for a little camping adventure. Who doesn’t love cooking over the open flames?! Let us provide you with some treats at your favorite outdoor hang-out or supplies for your upcoming camping adventure! Want the bonfire without the whole “sleeping on the ground” piece? Check out some of these awesome Hipcamp rentals for some local glamping options.
- Private Yoga Session In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month in May, take some time to unwind and relax with a yoga class with friends at your favorite studio. Don’t have a go-to studio? No worries! You can book a private group session for your crew with a local instructor. Head to your favorite park or gather at the instructor’s studio for a small group class with friends!
- Challah Baking Class: Get ready for Shabbat with a virtual challah baking class. Grab your friends and get ready to bake some amazing challah. You can all tune in from home or gather together and get ready to bake. Then get dinner ready or pick up from your favorite neighborhood joint and enjoy your delicious homemade challah!