ATLANTA JEWISH DAY SCHOOL
In an ongoing commitment to ensure that our community’s educators are prioritizing efforts that help them maintain strong minds and bodies, the Jewish Federation is proudly offering Educator Wellness Grants. Apply below.
Eligibility: Full-time educators working at K-12 classrooms in Jewish Day Schools in Metro Atlanta.
What: Up to $500 grants available to be used on health and wellness.
- Individual therapy
- Physical activity – yoga, personal trainer sessions, etc.
- Personal trainers and fitness or exercise classes
- Mindfulness, yoga, or meditation classes
- Memberships to a gym, JCC, wellness center
- Massage or body work sessions
- Wellness apps or trackers
- Wellness retreat or seminar
- Child babysitting or respite care
- Personal coaching – time management, career coaching, etc.
- Professionals must be currently employed full-time by a K-12 Jewish Day School in Metro Atlanta affiliated with Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta.
- Professionals may request one microgrant, up to $500, per school year.
- To apply, please complete the form below.
- Applications will be reviewed within 30 days of submission.
- If approved, funds will be transferred within 2 weeks of approval from Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta.
- Recipients are required to complete a brief post-grant survey by the end of the 2023-2024 school year.
- Please note that this application will remain strictly confidential.
Questions? Contact Annie Garrett, Senior Director of Planning at email@example.com.
Additional resources to support educator wellness:
MJCCA fitness programs – https://www.atlantajcc.org/our-programs/fitness-wellness
- The MJCCA offers a myriad of fitness programs at our Zaban Park Campus for every fitness level. From group exercise classes and STOTT PILATES®, to our Brill Family Fitness Center and one-on-one personal training sessions, the workout opportunities are endless.
Jewish Family and Career Services (JF&CS) of Atlanta Clinical Services – https://jfcsatl.org/services/clinical-services
- We provide guidance and support for all ages. We offer counseling for children, teens, and families in the Horwitz-Zusman Child & Family Center. We offer both individual and group therapies across a broad spectrum of issues – from divorce and bereavement to anxiety and depression. Our goal is to support and enhance the emotional well-being of our clients as they navigate life’s challenges.
Jewish Interest Free Loans of Atlanta (JIFLA) – https://jifla.org
- Helping fellow Jews in Georgia maintain financial stability in challenging times.
The Blue Dove Foundation – www.thebluedovefoundation.org
- The Blue Dove Foundation was created to address mental illness and addiction in the Jewish community and beyond. We work with organizations and communities — both Jewish and interfaith — across the country and around the world.
HAMSA (Helping Atlantans Manage Substance Abuse) – https://jfcsatl.org/services/clinical-services/hamsa
- HAMSA (Helping Atlantans Manage Substance Abuse) provides support, resources, and education for those seeking recovery from substance abuse. We are working hard to dispel myths about addiction and eliminate the shame so often felt by those struggling with addiction and their families. Through a Jewish lens, HAMSA offers information and referral services, Narcan education and supply, sober holiday celebrations and gatherings, expert clinical support.
The Berman Center – https://bermancenteratl.com/
- The Berman Center offers a number of high-quality, individualized treatment programs dedicated to your personal needs when seeking treatment for mental health and substance abuse disorder for adolescents, teens and adults.
Jeff’s Place – https://www.jeffsplaceatlanta.org/
- Jeff’s Place is a community. People of all backgrounds gather to spend time, enjoy a hot drink and a warm conversation together. Programs focused on the recovery community utilize Jeff’s Place to meet and cultivate relationships with each other and their connection to their Higher Power. Jeff’s Place hosts regular 12 Step meetings. But, Jeff’s Place is more than a physical space. It is a living entity dedicated to those struggling with substance use abuse, those in recovery and their loved ones.
Metro Atlanta Community Mikvah (MACoM) – https://www.macomatlanta.com/
- The mission of the Metro Atlanta Community Mikvah (MACoM) is to provide a safe, sensitive, welcoming, halachic and aesthetically beautiful environment for Jewish ritual immersion and conversion, allowing for ongoing fulfillment of spirituality, Torah awareness, healing and wellness.
Southern Jewish Resource Network for Gender and Sexual Diversity (SOJOURN) – https://sojourngsd.org/
- SOJOURN’s mission is to empower communities to advance and celebrate gender and sexual diversity across the South.
Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta Leadership
Beth Weiller Arogeti | Board Chair
Eric M. Robbins | President & CEO
Dara Grant | Community Planning & Impact Chair
Avery Kastin | Community Planning & Impact Co-Chair
Rich Walter | Chief of Programs & Grant Making
Annie Garrett | Senior Director of Planning