- This event has passed.
JPro Atlanta’s Navigating Difficult Conversations with Confidence
April 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Join us in welcoming Faun Zarge who will lead us in an interactive session on managing difficult conversations with Confidence.
Difficult conversations are inevitable in any workplace. Perhaps you need to tell your manager that your project will be late, inform a colleague that they aren’t meeting expectations, or problem-solve with a client who has a history of being defensive. It can be tempting to avoid these conversations, but the issues will rarely disappear on their own. Learning to effectively navigate difficult conversations is a crucial skill that sets you apart as a leader, and results in improved relationships, faster problem solving, and stronger individual and team outcomes.
Participants will learn:
- A multi-step process for preparing for a variety of difficult conversations
- Your default conflict style and strategies for managing your own emotions
- How to effectively structure and initiate a difficult conversation
- Techniques for respectfully and productively delivering your message
- Best practices for responding to defensive behavior and generating solutions collaboratively
Please contact Michelle Day at mday@Jewishatlanta.org with any questions.